I placed my Pre-Order from the New 2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog and I shared the unboxing on Facebook Live. For those of you who missed it, you can watch it here.
I can’t wait to create awesome cards and projects with this products. If you would like a copy of the New 2018 Stampin’ Up! Catalog, contact me and I’ll add you to my mailing list. Catalogs will be mailed out in May.
That’s right, the new Annual Catalog will start mailing out in May. Contact me to get on my mailing list and get your Free Copy!
OnStage is over and I am back home! Before I get into sharing the big news from OnStage I want to let you know what products are retiring from our current Annual and Occasions Catalogs. This is the time to put in your orders before they are gone for good. Some of the Bundles will be retiring, the stamps and framelits might continue in the new catalog but you will not be able to purchase them in a Bundle with the 10% discount.
Retiring Stamps – CLICK HERE
Retiring Bundles – CLICK HERE
Everything Else That’s Retiring – CLICK HERE
Now for the BIG NEWS…
During OnStage Stampin’ Up! announced that they are making significant and beautiful changes in their color collections effective June 1st. I will be sharing additional information on what’s coming soon. In the meantime, a few colors will be retiring from the core color collections along with the 2017-2018 In Colors (with the exception of Flirty Flamingo which will continue as a new core color.)
See the new Color Revamp HERE
In addition to the Color Revamp Stampin’ Up! has changed the design of the Ink Pads. Using research from demonstrators and customers Stampin’ Up! discovered a few things that could improve the design of the Classic Stampin’ Pad case.
They wanted the new case to
- Be less confusing to open. Opening the new ink pad case is now more simple and intuitive—just insert your thumb in the “lip” at the front of the case and lift it to open (similar to a cosmetic case.)
- Have a tighter fit between the lid and the base. With the new design, the lid doesn’t accidentally become disconnected which was a common problem with the old case style. With use, the lid will be easier to slide open and close.
- Be stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. They designed a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the “dimple” on the top of another case.
- Include improved labels and stickers. Here are a few of the ways they’ve done that:
- They’ve redesigned the front label with a cleaner, bolder design and larger color swatch, making it easier to see the ink’s color.
- They’ve included a new In Color icon.
- They’re continuing to provide color stickers that you can place on the end of each case to easily identify the ink’s color at a glance.
- They’re providing a new color sticker you can place on the inside of the pad, so you can easily distinguish the ink’s color when the case is open.
IS THE INK DIFFERENT?
Since they were improving the case they decided to make improvements to the ink as well!
They added defoamer to the ink ingredients because they noticed that the old ink would sometimes bubble (especially on new pads and with lighter colors). When this happened, the ink wasn’t as even and smooth when stamped as they’d like to see it.
The added defoamer will
- Reduce ink bubbles
- Help you get an even coating of ink on the stamp
- Help the stamped image have a smoother, solid look
So this is the big news I wanted to share from OnStage. There will be more to come and I will let you soon.
We made it to Las Vegas early Thursday morning, hardly any sleep for us all. That didn’t stop us from dropping our bags of at our hotel room in the Rio and venture out for some fun!
My Stampin’Amigas, Cydra, Debra and Patti headed out to the strip. We visited the Venetian and Paris hotels. We found some love at the Venetian, that’s me on the “E”.
Being silly at the Venetian.
After dinner we treated ourselves to some delicious desserts at the Paris hotel.
Day 2 -Friday, we headed to the Mandolin Bay hotel for breakfast.
Mimosas for my friends and coffee for me. We’re still having so much fun and will need to rest for tomorrow’s Stampin’ Up event!
With Easter just a week away I had my stampers from my Stamp-A-Stack class make this cute Hello Friend Bunny Card. This card can be used for Easter or any other occasion.
My original design was a little different but I decided to dress it up a bit. I still love the original design and this was a great example of how you can have the same design but just adding a few touches changes the look.
The Bunny card was so easy to put together, following are the measurements, step by step tutorial and products used to create it.
Card Measurements and Stamping All Night Long
step by step tutorial
Smokey Slate Cardstock – 2 pieces
1) 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ for the card base, score at 4-1/4″ and fold in half
2) 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the first layer, emboss with Polka Dot folder then adhere to card base with Snail Adhesive
Whisper White Cardstock – 2 pieces
1) 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside and stamp with your preferred greeting. I used “Here’s to a Good Day!” from the stamp set
2) 5-1/2″ x 3″ to punch out the 2 Whisper White Scallops and the Classic Label Punch
– Stamp the Bunny on the smaller scalloped piece using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink then color in with Stampin’ Blends. Use Smokey Slate or Crumb Cake for the bunny’s body
– Stamp Hello Friend using Smokey Slate Ink and punch with Classic Label punch and adhere using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals to the Powdered Pink banner piece after it’s been stamped and punched
Lemon Lime Twist Cardstock
1-1/2″ x 7″
– first, punch a circle at the very edge using the 1-1/4″ Circle Punch
– cut down the remaining piece to 5″ in length then punch with the Triple Banner Punch. Stamp with Lots of Lavender stamp using Lemon Lime Twist Ink then clean with Stampin’ Scrub and Stampin’ Mist for the next step
Powdered Pink Cardstock
2″ x 4″ for the banner, punch with the Triple Banner Punch then stamp with Versamark Ink Pad using the Lots of Lavender stamp. Adhere both banner pieces using Snail Adhesive and wrap with Linen Thread twice then tie a knot. Add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the Lemon Lime Twist banner piece and adhere to Polka Dot piece
Adhere the larger Whisper White scalloped piece to the middle of the Powdered Pink Banner, adhere the Lemon Lime circle on top of the Whisper White scallop then add Stampin’ Dimensionals to the back of the Bunny scalloped piece and adhere to the Lemon Lime Twist circle.
Finish the card by adding Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the sides of the Bunny, Classic Label piece and on the Lemon Lime Twist Banner piece
I hope you love this card as much as my stampers and I do!
The Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper is our Sale-A-Bration product of the week! Because Sale-A-Bration has so many delightful accessories, we paired this paper with the Shimmer Ribbon Pack to show off how well they work together. There are so many creative possibilities with the Bubbles & Fizz Designer Series Paper; anyone who loves curating designer series paper will want to place a qualifying order to earn it! Click on the Shop 24/7 link to get your order started. Don’t forget to use Hostess Code JJ44YYXE.
It also coordinates with the Bubble Over Bundle from the occasions catalog. Get them all to create your own perfectly fizzy projects.
Product List for Cards
Posted in Designer Series Paper, Sale-A-Bration
Tagged #BirthdayWit, #Bubbles&Fizz, #FortunateToKnowYou, #Sale-A-Bration, #SaleABration, #ShimmerRibbon, #stampin'up, #StampingAllNightLong, #WandaCreates, #WandaSmith, #WeMustCelebrate
Paper Pumpkin is celebrating 5 years this March and to celebrate they included a free gift in the March kit which sold out! But don’t fret, you can still get in on the action! Sign up now or by May 10th and you will get 50% off your first 2 months!
Take a look at the awesome March kit in the video below. Don’t miss out on the great offer above! Contact me or just go click HERE to get started, don’t forget to use the code below.
Every time I saw a card made with the Blossoming Basket Bundle I cringed at the fussy cutting needed if you wanted the basket and flowers to pop. Then I figured out that if you use the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch you can almost get a perfect cut of the inside part of the handle. Then there was the coloring of the flowers…not so hard with my messy blending technique.
Take a look at the video and see how it’s done.
Whisper White Thick Cardstock – 8½” x 5½” folded in half
Whisper White Cardstock – 2″ x 3″ for stamping flower
Whisper White Cardstock – 3″ x 3″ for embossing
Basic Black Cardstock – 3-1/8″ x 3-1/8″
Crumb Cake Cardstock – 2½” x 3½”
Old Olive Cardstock – 1½” x 5½”
White ¼” Organza Ribbon – 2½”
Linen Thread – 6″
Here are a few more colors.
Blossoming Basket Supply List
Catch the Party Panda before he’s gone.
I couldn’t let Sale-A-Bration end without featuring one of our favorite products-especially when that product is as cute as the Party Panda Stamp Set! Earn the Party Panda Stamp Set as part of your Sale-A-Bration rewards before it’s too late.
Here are a few quick and easy Party Panda cards my stampers made at my last Technique Card Class. Using the Stampin’ Blends we colored the Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper (another FREE Sale-A-Bration item) in different colors using the Light and Dark versions of the Stampin’ Blends.
Stampin’ Blends are sold individually for $4.50 each or you can purchase the entire Stampin’ Blends Marker Collection for $121.50 (147475). The collection includes all 26 colors plus the Color Lifter. This collection is the perfect item for you to earn your Free Party Panda stamp set and the Free Springtime Foils Specialty Designer Series Paper! You can place your order online using the March Hostess Code JJ44YYXE. Please note, if your online order is $150 or more do Not use the hostess code and receive your very own Hostess Benefits starting with $15 free products. Contact me with any questions.
Party on, Pandas, party on!