OnStage is over and I am back home! Before I get into sharing the big news from OnStage I want to let you know what products are retiring from our current Annual and Occasions Catalogs. This is the time to put in your orders before they are gone for good. Some of the Bundles will be retiring, the stamps and framelits might continue in the new catalog but you will not be able to purchase them in a Bundle with the 10% discount.
Retiring Stamps – CLICK HERE
Retiring Bundles – CLICK HERE
Everything Else That’s Retiring – CLICK HERE
Now for the BIG NEWS…
During OnStage Stampin’ Up! announced that they are making significant and beautiful changes in their color collections effective June 1st. I will be sharing additional information on what’s coming soon. In the meantime, a few colors will be retiring from the core color collections along with the 2017-2018 In Colors (with the exception of Flirty Flamingo which will continue as a new core color.)
See the new Color Revamp HERE
In addition to the Color Revamp Stampin’ Up! has changed the design of the Ink Pads. Using research from demonstrators and customers Stampin’ Up! discovered a few things that could improve the design of the Classic Stampin’ Pad case.
They wanted the new case to
- Be less confusing to open. Opening the new ink pad case is now more simple and intuitive—just insert your thumb in the “lip” at the front of the case and lift it to open (similar to a cosmetic case.)
- Have a tighter fit between the lid and the base. With the new design, the lid doesn’t accidentally become disconnected which was a common problem with the old case style. With use, the lid will be easier to slide open and close.
- Be stackable. The ability to stack the cases makes them easier to store and transport. They designed a nub in each bottom corner that fits nicely into the “dimple” on the top of another case.
- Include improved labels and stickers. Here are a few of the ways they’ve done that:
- They’ve redesigned the front label with a cleaner, bolder design and larger color swatch, making it easier to see the ink’s color.
- They’ve included a new In Color icon.
- They’re continuing to provide color stickers that you can place on the end of each case to easily identify the ink’s color at a glance.
- They’re providing a new color sticker you can place on the inside of the pad, so you can easily distinguish the ink’s color when the case is open.
IS THE INK DIFFERENT?
Since they were improving the case they decided to make improvements to the ink as well!
They added defoamer to the ink ingredients because they noticed that the old ink would sometimes bubble (especially on new pads and with lighter colors). When this happened, the ink wasn’t as even and smooth when stamped as they’d like to see it.
The added defoamer will
- Reduce ink bubbles
- Help you get an even coating of ink on the stamp
- Help the stamped image have a smoother, solid look
So this is the big news I wanted to share from OnStage. There will be more to come and I will let you soon.