I will be posting a few Q&As and then moving them to my Q&A page. Visit the Q&A page for answers to some of your crafting questions.
Q: You have a lot of adhesives – how do I know which ones to use?
A: That’s a sticky question – pun intended! Ha! Okay, seriously, there are a lot of adhesives, but that is good news because it means that you can get the perfect one for your project! Here are the details to help you make the choice that will stick best!
The Annual Catalog has 11 different adhesives listed on page 177. There is also a little blurb about each and I’ve included even more detail for you here:
8 Most Popular Adhesives:
- SNAIL Adhesive (#104332) – The most versatile adhesive. Perfect for cards, scrapbook pages, and other flat projects. Acid-free.
- Stampin’ Dimensionals (#104430) – A must have! Just a bit of dimension added by these double-sided foam pieces can make a project really pop!
- Glue Dots (#103683) – These strong little dots are ideal for adding buttons, bows, knotted ribbon, and other small embellishments. Acid-free.
- Sticky Strip (#104294) – The go-to adhesive for 3-D projects like boxes or projects that will be handled a lot. This super-sticky double-sided tape is a must-have!
- Multipurpose Liquid Glue (#110755) – Great for adding embossed card stock layers without crushing the embossing, and is a fast and economical choice for putting together cards. Plus, this adhesive is permanent when used to adhere while it’s wet, or let it dry and it is a strong temporary adhesive like a super-sticky note. FYI, this is one of my personal favorites!
- Anywhere Glue Sticks (2) (#104045) – This quick and economical adhesive is best on card stock or Designer Series Paper. It dries quickly, but isn’t quite as strong as SNAIL or Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- Crystal Effects (#101055) – This super-glossy liquid makes a strong adhesive, but also creates a beautiful, lacquered look over images.
- 2-Way Glue Pen (#100425) – With the small tip, this adhesive is applied much like using a marker, making it great for adding glitter to detailed areas. Like the Multipurpose Liquid Glue, the 2-Way Glue Pen is also permanent when used wet and a temporary adhesive when first allowed to dry.
3 Specialty Adhesives:
- Fabric Adhesive Roll (#122194) – Just like it says, this adhesive is best when used with fabric. It comes on a roll and can be cut with Big Shot dies. To use it, simply iron the adhesive onto the fabric, cut the fabric, peel off the backing, and then iron the fabric to your project. It’s machine washable, and the package includes instructions for your reference.
- Multipurpose Adhesive Sheets (#120805) – These adhesive sheets are ideal for creating your own self-adhesive die cuts or stickers using your precut shapes. With edge-to-edge coverage, this adhesive is great for projects where you want to be sure the edges don’t lift. Twelve sheets of 12” x 12” adhesive gives you a great value and a whole lot of adhesive to get creative with – it could become addictive! Instructions included for your reference. Acid-free.
- Shaker Frames (#124155) – These double-sided foam frames are 1/8” thick and are perfect for creating shaker cards. Simply select a Shaker Frame in your desired size, add it to your project, add a bit of glitter, small beads, etc., into the frame and then cover with Window Sheet. Each package includes 36 frames (6 each of 6 nested circle sizes), so you’ll have lots of creative options.
© CraftyPerson Production. Images © Stampin’ Up!