Do you want to take your Big Shot to the next level? Well our Expressions Thinlits Dies will allow you to do just that. These die cutting tools could be considered close cousins to our Framelits and Edglits, but they allow for even more intricate cuts and detailed designs that we haven’t been able to do before.
These dies are great to use to cut out words as an embellishment on projects, or use the negative space to add layers and interest to your cards or scrapbook pages.
Here are a few tips:
- To use Thinlits dies, you’ll need a Big Shot machine, Multipurpose Platform on tab 2, and Standard Cutting Pads, or you can use our awesome new Magnetic Platform. (Be sure to still use both cutting pads when using your Magnetic Platform.)
- As with all of our dies, the Thinlits are designed to be used with a single sheet of paper or cardstock.
When you run the Thinlit through the Big Shot, you may need to use a shim to get a clean cut due to variations in materials.
- And, due to the intricacy of the die, the paper might stick to the die after cutting. A few things you can do to help with this:
- Put a piece of wax paper between the cardstock and the die.
- Run the die through the Big Shot several times — this makes the paper easier to remove and also leaves a cleaner edge on the cut image.
- After running through the die through the Big Shot, tap it on the edge of your table to help the cut piece pop out.
- Or, you can simply push a paper piercing tool or a toothpick through the holes in the die.
If you are interested in purchasing the fun new Expression Thinlits Dies be sure to contact me or visit my online store.